Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The New Year in Art

Happy New Year!

January is named after the Roman god Janus, who was often depicted as two faces looking in opposite directions--towards the past and the future at the same time. How appropriate!


I haven't really sat down to make a list of New Year's resolutions this year, but there are a few things I hope to accomplish in the coming year:

1. Finish some truly satisfying needlework projects
2. Complete my thesis and finish my MA!!!
3. Take some great vacations with my dear husband before the pitter-patter of little feet come to slow us down.
4. Focus on beautifying our home



I had such a wonderful time on Christmas vacation, but it's nice to be home (though it's a lot colder here than in Seattle!). I'm still debating which Beth Russell kit to order. (You can also use the patterns available in her books, such as Arts and Crafts Needlepoint to create your own kit)I'm now thinking I might prefer doing the trellis pattern. The birds look so cute!


What do you think? I think the variation of colours in this pattern are a bit more fun to work with than Sunflower.

1 comment:

joco said...

Well done!

I am always very impressed by people who finish things.

Will you allow people to lean against it :-)

You are giving me ideas about looking at some of my projects again, finished or unfinished, and may upload some pix.